- LPC Approved Sprinkler Contractor – Certificate Number asc-083.
- Members Of British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association.
- Members Of Fire Protection Association.
- Members Of British Safety Council.
- Safe Contractor Approved – Certificate Number n00068135.
- Iso 9001:2000 – Issued By LPCB - Certificate Number 667.
- Public Liability Insurance - £10 Million.
- Employers Liability Insurance - £10 Million.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance – £2 Million.
- All Staff Hold Cscs Cards.
- All Site Staff Hold Pasma Certificates.
- All Site Staff Hold Ipaf Certficates.
- Site Staff Are ‘Live Tap’ Certified.
- Site Staff Are ‘Rapidrop’ Certified.
Blue Shield Fire Protection is an LPS 1048 company operated from offices in Tring, Hertfordshire. We provide design, installation and maintenance services for a wide range of fire protection systems, including fire sprinklers, wet and dry risers, fire alarm and detection systems and hose reels.
Blue Shield is a fully accredited and long-established company, being a member of the British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association, the Fire Protection Association and the British Safety Council. We have worked in a multitude of sectors and industries, supply fire protection systems to many of the biggest names on the UK high street, plus numerous government and manufacturing organisations.
With experience in providing systems to a variety of business for many years and in-house design expertise, we can advise on the most appropriate methods of fire protection for your building, ensuring both the property and its occupants are as safe as possible and that all fire regulations are being fully met.
Stock and Stores
At our stores in Tring, Hertfordshire, we keep huge levels of stock. In most events such as emergency call outs we will usually have the required materials in stock, enabling us to service the system immediately without having to wait for parts to be ordered.
Below are listed just some of the items held ready:
- Steel and copper tube in sizes from 15mm up to 150mm.
- Sprinkler heads in various models, sizes, finishes and temperatures.
- Sprinkler guards.
- Baffle plates.
- Alarm gongs.
- Fittings of varying size and types.
- Leather straps and padlocks.
- Hose reels.
- Victaulic joints, elbows and tees in varying sizes.
- Fire hydrants and hydrant keys.
- Flanges & flange adaptors.
- Pressure switches and flow switches.
- Gate, butterfly, ball, air release and non-return valves in varying sizes.
- Zone checks.
- Gasket sets for varying types of valve sets.
- Blank flanges & victaulic blanks.
- Spades in sizes from 50mm up to 200mm.
- Pressure Gauges.
- Jockey & sump pumps.
- Fire hose.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Pipe jointing materials including cotton, hemp, boss white & PTFE tape.
- Cutting oil.
- Bracketry of many kinds for varied fixing situations.
In addition to materials we have a good range of plant and equipment including the following:
- Rigid 300 threading machines.
- Electric receders.
- Hand dies.
- Reciprocating saws.
- Pipe cutters.
- Test pumps.
- Test rigs.
- Pipe benches.
- Safety barriers.
- Pipe wrenches & chains.
- Tower & ladders.
- Air compressors.
Furthermore, Blue Shield Fire Protection has the capability of pre-fabricating systems at our stores. From installation drawings, cutting sheets can be prepared and pipework fabricated to suit all types of installation. This can be carried out in-house at short notice, thus avoiding the delays that often occur with the majority of pre-fabrication companies.
A dedicated fixed test rig, complete with multiple outlets and master calibration gauge, is also available at our stores where we can calibrate all test gauges that go to site.
Blue Shield Fire Protection has its own electrical PAT testing equipment thus ensuring that all 110-volt machinery used on site is properly tested and checked on an ongoing basis.